Complete the Young Adults registration form and provide the following:
- Birth certificate/passport/national ID/driver’s permit of Young Adult OR Passport/national ID/driver’s permit of parent/guardian
- Proof of parent’s/guardian’s current mailing address no more than three months old (e.g. utility bill, bank statement)
Non Fiction material include topics such as philosophy, social issues, art music, business, literature. Here are some of the categories available:
Self help books: Craft, design, woodworking, cooking, dressmaking and other do-it-yourself books are available.
West Indian/Caribbean material: Learn about our peoples, places and culture.
Career books: Discover emerging careers and gather information on existing ones.
Teen issues: Peer pressure, human sexuality, friendships are among some of the topics explored in material available at the library.
Historical: Learn historical facts about Trinidad and Tobago and the rest of the world.
- CXC, CAPE and GCE examination past papers
- Text books
* Reference materials are not for loan.
Titles include detective and adventure stories, romances, classics, westerns, family stories, drama, horror, suspense, mystery and science fiction
As a library member young adults can borrow:
- up to (6) books at one time for 28 days (overdue books cannot be renewed).
- CDs and DVDs up to 4 days
- 2 items from the audio visual collection at one time
To encourage safe return of items for use by other persons, fines are charged for overdue or damaged material.
- Fines are charged for overdue books, CDs and DVDs
- Fines are also paid for damaged or lost materials
The following are available to library members:
- Computer and internet services
- Laptop loans (Scarborough Library)
- Printing services
- Photocopy and scanning services
- Access to e-resources
The library offers a wide range of activities and events for teens:
- Book clubs
- Exhibitions and displays
- Creative competitions
- Development classes
- Computer literacy classes
- Information literacy classes
- Homework help
- Board and E-games
- July/August vacation programmes